Thursday, August 12, 2010

Color Inspiration #136


It's been a SUPER crazy week in the Chesky household this week. We've been getting senior pictures taken, getting ready for a driver's test, school shopping, etc.....

When pondering my color combination options this week, I went right for the Color Coach. This tool is SO amazing!

I wanted something girly....and I haven't really played with Blushing Bride yet.

The Color Coach suggested Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum and Sahara Sand. I might've put the first two colors together.....but the Sahara Sand never would've popped into my head!

I even got a chance to put a simple card together using this fabulous color combo. I have a few sneak peeks on this card from the Holiday Mini catalog.



The base card is Perfect Plum.

I ran the Blushing Bride layer through the Big Shot using the Northern Flurry embossing folder. I punched the left edge with the Scallop Edge punch.

I then dragged my Whisper White Craft pad so the snowflakes would be accentuated. Make sure you let this ink dry before going onto the next step.

The sentiment is stamped onto Sahara Sand cardstock using Perfect Plum ink. I punched it with the new Decorative Label punch, sponged the edges with Perfect Plum ink and added a little paper knot of Perfect Plum cardstock (a mini Basic Pearl sits atop the knot).

The finishing touches include some Victoria trim and Basic Pearls (of varying sizes) in the center of each snowflake. Oh! I almost forgot.......I spritzed the entire card with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz. It's oh so glimmery in person!

Are you ready to try this color challenge? We'd love to see your project! Please use the Linky Tool at the bottom of this post to link your project to our blog!

Until next time.....Happy Stamping everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Great color challenge, Patti! Thanks!!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and colors work good together. I was wondering about the Northern Flurry how it looked and with the Whisper white makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete