Friday, April 2, 2010

Saturday Sketch Challenge 145

Hello Friends!

I hope you're gearing up to spend this holiday weekend with the ones you love. Tonight's sketch is a really simple, yet fun sketch with so many possibilities!

One potential set of measurements (that I've already written up) came from the Turtle card below. Here is a potential set of measurements if you need them.

Cardstock and Measurements:
Base Layer: Whisper white, 11 x 4 ¼” scored and folded in half at 5 ½”
Layer 2: Old Olive 5 ¼” x 4”
Layer 3: Pink Passion 2 1/8” x 2 5/8”
Layer 4: Whisper White 2 x 2 ¼”
Layer 5: Bashful Blue Modern Label Punch
Layer 6: Whisper White “very thankful” punched with the word window punch

When in doubt, I like to suggest that you measure your block and go with images and shapes you have on hand. Going by the inspiration cards below, sky's the limit to what you can do with this sketch! Have fun with it!

Never played with us before?? Well, it's easy!
  1. Make a card
  2. Post it online somewhere to your blog or other online forum
  3. Post a link to Mr. Linky (Please be sure to link to your post and not just to your blog so we can find your post a few days later). need directions on that? Check out our posts on "how to use mr linky"
  4. Have some fun and leave comments for each other (and for the operators if you like their work). ~ Everyone loves comments!
We hope you join us this week and play along with this VERY simple but super cute and fun to play with sketch! But don't delay... Mr. Linky will only hang out until Thursday morning at 8 am EST.

Oh ~ and if you'd like more info on the operator cards below, just click on the picture to go to the individual blogs, many of them have measurements for you ready to go...



Tiffany Bauer





Selene Kempton





Connie Babbert




Lee Conrey




Patti Chesky





Robin Merriman





Gretchen Barron





Kerin Sylvester

19 comments:

  1. I love this sketch. I can't wait to try it again. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, been keeping an eye on the blog for a while, finally got time to join in thanks to sleeping children & hubby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards that you show for this sketch! Awesome! Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really loving your challenges lately. Thanks for all you ladies do!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are awesome ladies, thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great sketch & love the card samples from the design team. Thanks ladies for the inspiration you generate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for sharing this sketch -- I liked it so much I ended up doing a second card... R ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great sketch ladies, and great samples, I actually did two, but forgot to put the #2 beside the second one, so my name is there twice cause two different cards.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always enjoy your samples and look forward to doing your challenges as often as time allows. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these easy sketches that make such fabulous cards! Reuseable and easily demonstratable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for a great sketche....Love stamping 411

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty sketch ... I had fun! I always find your ideas very mojo compatible!!! :) Hugs, Andrea xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I look forward to Saturdays so that I can work on the new sketch and see all the wonderful designs.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You girls seem to be getting stuck with my Christmas cards, but your sketches have been a perfect combo for me with Bah! Humbug!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the inspiration. Awesome cards from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Whew! I think I just made it in! Wow! Congrats on so many participants . . . this is one popular sketch!!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh? Did I miss it? However, I want to share my card. Thanks for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great Sketch. I also missed the link expiration but you can see it here..http://karenskraftroom.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-miss-you.html

    ReplyDelete